cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my Dell branded P3700 (Model SSDPEDMD020T4D HHHL NVMe 2000GB) updated to current firmware?

DVoss3
New Contributor II

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018274/memory-and-storage/data-center-ss...

I should download and use the IRMFUU Firmware Update Utility Tool to update my firmware and that the current firmware is DP05 (8DV1DP05). When I download the tool from that link, and unzip it, I get an executable of irmfuu_7.0.2_win32.exe. There is no documentation. When I run that tool from an administrator command line, it scans all drives, finds my P3700 and reports that the device has Firmware 8DV10151 and that it is the current firmware as of this tool release.

I may well be doing something wrong since I can find no documentation on the utility syntax. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DVoss3
New Contributor II

The Intel documentation regarding this card is inconsistent. The Dell Part Number is clearly shown in a table with an Intel part number that does not match the part number on my card. My card may or may not have the current firmware. It is impossible to determine from the documentation available on this site. Dell has specifically directed me to Intel for firmware download assistance, but I have no faith that I have been provided accurate information, not do I expect being able to get a confident answer. Good luck to anyone else who has one of these Dell labeled cards.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AlHill
Contributor II

Seems like you should be discussing this with Dell.

Doc

DVoss3
New Contributor II

I understand why you might think that, but if you follow the link -- you'll see that this is an Intel page dedicated to providing drivers for Dell servers.

AlHill
Contributor II

But, have you contacted Dell support? Seems like they would be the first line of defense, especially for their servers.

Just saying.

Doc

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello DVoss3, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation