Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How can I tell if my motherboard has a slot for an M.2 SSD?

Jump to solution

Or I could ask, does the Intel DH67BL uATX - 4 DIMM - LGA1155 - RAID USB 3.0 - SATA600 have a slot for a M.2 SSD?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jdyoder,

We understand you would like to verify if your motherboard comes with M.2 Slot for storage. We were checking the specs of the motherboard and we confirm this model does not include the M.2 slot.

You can check the product specs of the motherboard in this https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19487/eng/DH67BL_ProductGuide01_English.pdf link, page 9.

Any other question you may have, please let us know.

Regards,

Nestor C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jdyoder,

We understand you would like to verify if your motherboard comes with M.2 Slot for storage. We were checking the specs of the motherboard and we confirm this model does not include the M.2 slot.

You can check the product specs of the motherboard in this https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19487/eng/DH67BL_ProductGuide01_English.pdf link, page 9.

Any other question you may have, please let us know.

Regards,

Nestor C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jdyoder,

We would like to know if you need further assistance or if your question was answered correctly. We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply. Another question related to this mother board. Another way to add a M.2 SSD to it is through a PCI adapter. However, this motherboard has only 2.0 PCI slots. The M.2 SSD is designed to perform best with 3.0 slots. Am I correct that a M.2 SSD will work in a PCI 2.0 slot? And if so, does the performance, though less than optimal, justify the upgrade, or should I invest in a new motherboard? I don't do games, but occasionally to process home video and find the current system very slow. I also get a lot of "Not responding" messages from Microsoft Office and other applications. (Not from viruses.) I'm running Intel Core i7 2600 / 3.4 GHz with 8 GB RAM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Jdyoder,

There are adapters for you to use the M.2 drive in the PCI-e slot. As you mentioned, the performance will not be the best due to the port limitation (2.0) and also, you need to keep in mind that the motherboard is not able to handle NVMe* SSDs.

We highly recommend you to contact our /community/tech/desktop desktop board support team in order to confirm if this motherboard is able to detect the SSD using this adapter. (At least to use it as a storage drive).

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jdyoder,

You are welcome. Remember that in case you need anything else, you can always post here.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos