cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i do fault tolerance with two P4618?

RMamm2
New Contributor

Hello.I bought two P4618 for my server HPE DL 360 Gen10.Recently i used p4600 and p3700 (have per two).For example in p3700 800GB pci ssd in disk management i see 2 pci ssd drive work as one(if one of ssd dead second will work as active passive or raid1).Know i installed p4618 and see 4 logical drives per 3.2 tb.How can i use 6.4 with raid 1?(i have two p4618)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, RMamm2.

Thank you very much for waiting.

I have confirmed that setting up different RAID configurations between parts of the SSD or between SSDs should be possible.

For example, it should be possible to:

1. Create a RAID 1 between one half of drive #1 and one half of drive #2.
  2. Create a RAID 10 between the four 3.2TB parts to have a 6.4TB RAID 10.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, RMamm2.

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the Intel® SSD DC P4618 Series, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow me to confirm some details regarding this drive and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hello..Iready to give aall info about two my p4618.

I bought 2 physical dc 4618 and install to my dl 360 gen10,now i see 4 logical drive per 3 tb.i need clear 6.4 tb per physical p4618 in disk management for do mirroring between two physcial p4618,now i cannot because i have 4 logical drive per 3tb.i cannot insall rst drivers for my server because drivers not support windows server 2019 that i use.I use p4600 and p3700 in diffrent servers and havent issue like that.Please help me.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, RMamm2.

Thank you very much for all the details.

After reviewing the SSD specifications, I can confirm that this drive was designed with 2 drives and 2 controllers inside. This means that each controller manages half of the SSD; causing this drive to show up as 2 separate drives.

This allows you to configure the SSD in RAID-0 to reach the whole capacity (combining both sides) or RAID-1 to show one 3.2TB drive (one half mirroring the other).

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Bruce C.