cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I get DC p3600 whole life and remaining life ?

rzhou4
New Contributor

How could I get ssd life information(whole life and remaining life)in my system?

I tried "smartctl" and "isdct", but they do not work:

# smartctl -i /dev/nvme0n1 :

(smartctl can not recognize intel pcie ssd)

isdct:

# isdct show -a -intelssd

DeviceStatus:Healthy

EnduranceAnalyzer:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I want specific remainning life but a flag that show the ssd is healthy or not.

# isdct show -a -smart -intelssd

- AD -

AverageEraseCycles:65

Description: Wear Leveling Count

ID:AD

MaximumEraseCycles : 83

MinimumEraseCycles : 48

Normalized : 100

Raw : 279178313776

- E2 -

Description: Timed Workload - Media Wear

ID : E2

Normalized: 100

Raw:65536

- E4 -

Description: Timed Workload Timer

ID : E4

Raw:65535

- F4 -

Description: NAND Bytes Written

ID : F4

Raw : 4208175

- F5 -

Description : Host Bytes Writen

ID : F5

Raw : 2865299

(and several attributes)

Is there a mathematical formula describing the remainning life of the dc p3600 using these attributes ?

================================================================================

Or other way to get specific whole life and remainning life?

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi programmerzhou ,

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series.In order to better address your situation, could you please provide us the following information: -Could you please let us know the operating system you are running? -How many drives do you have? -Is the SSD connected directly to the motherboard? We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

rzhou4
New Contributor

1、

# uname -a

Linux hostXXX 3.10.0 # 1SMP Sun Nov 26 01:13:37 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# cat /proc/version

Linux version 3.10.0 (root@hostXXXX) (gcc version 4.7.2 (Debian 4.7.2-5) )

2、

We have more than 10 drives in a host, including one Intel SSD DC p3600 and one Intel SSD DC S3500.

3、

Yes

Many thanks and best regards.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi programmerzhou,

Thanks for the information provided. It seems that you are running an old version of the Kernel, we recommend you to install the latest version of the Debian* because it will include the latest version of the NVMe* driver. As per Intel® SSD Data Center Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/27248/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool?httpDown=https://do... user guide, page 72 section 4.12 you will be able to see that the tool in order to check the estimated life remaining of the SSD is called "endurance analyzer". You will be able to see all the commands you need in order to run the tool.Note: The "2" in the "-intelssd 2" means the SSD's index number. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi programmerzhou,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.