cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Windows 10 and incorrect DC P4500 SSD Capacity?

EGear
New Contributor II

I have a Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series 4.0TB, AIC PCIe 3.1 card installed in a desktop running Windows 10 Home (GPT and UEFI BIOS have been enabled); however, Windows, and SSD Toolbox both show capacity of 1.9TB when it should be 4TB.

Is there anything I'm missing or should be configuring to get it to utilise full 4TB capacity?

Some output below from Intel DC Tool:

C:\isdct> .\isdct.exe show -intelssd

- Intel SSD DC P4500 Series -

Bootloader : 0136

DevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE0

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : QDV101D1

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : The selected Intel SSD contains current firmware as of this tool release.

Index : 0

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPEDKX040T7

ProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P4500 Series

PhysicalSize : 1900000000000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EGear
New Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Unfortunately I am unable to supply the screenshot of the drive with the label as I have returned it as faulty to the vendor.

Thanks for all your effort in trying to resolve this.

Kind regards,

E

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi EGear,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Could you please share the full output of the Intel® SSD DCT? Please run the following command and copy the output in a text file so you can attach it in your response.

isdct show -a -intelssd

Additionally, have you tried to run a low-level format on your drive to clean all data in it and see what the capacity is afterwards?

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

EGear
New Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Attached is the output requested from isdct.

Low level format, using Acronis DriveCleanser via Intel Migration Software, is sitting at 'less than 1 minute remaining for the past 30mins' I'll leave it run as long as possible and send capacity update after it completes.

Thanks,

E

Hi EGear,

Thank you for the information.

Please let me know your updates after the low-level format process is complete. It usually takes long to finish.

In the following article there are 3 additional tools that you could use for this (low-level format): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

EGear
New Contributor II

Hi Diego,

No increase of capacity when completed low level format.

Thanks,

E