cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 8820 firmware now

SAdco
New Contributor II

Repost: Originally Created on: Oct 31, 2009 10:23 AM by lukas2 - Last Modified: Oct 31, 2009 10:28 AM by lukas2

<!-- [DocumentBodyStart:8e6b4cc4-42ae-4815-97cb-71b737a8d882] -->

I have just bought a new x18-m G1. It has the old 8610 firmware and I planned to upgrade to the new one. Anyway it is impossible now to get the iso file from Intel's website. Any ideas of where can I get this updte now?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there,

Yes I can see, the firmwares update files for the Intel SSD have been removed since the problem that occurred with the latest firmware that came out for the X25M SSD. I guess they are still working to find what could have caused the problems first.

I don't find any other way for you to download the firmware at this stage, rather that wait for more information from Intel.

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there,

Yes I can see, the firmwares update files for the Intel SSD have been removed since the problem that occurred with the latest firmware that came out for the X25M SSD. I guess they are still working to find what could have caused the problems first.

I don't find any other way for you to download the firmware at this stage, rather that wait for more information from Intel.

Cheers

AStew4
New Contributor

Someone put this link on another thread:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s18k0z http://www.sendspace.com/file/s18k0z

Seems to be the an October FW for Intel SSDs, but I have not yet tried it.

I too have a new blank x18-m G1.

Do you think it's safe to write this FW to a blank x18-m G1, given that other people have bricked their drives and Intel has withdrawn it?

AStew4
New Contributor

I just saw the Intel announcement:

After the release of the 02HA firmware, we have been contacted by users with SSD issues after a firmware upgrade to 02HA. If users have downloaded 02HA firmware, Intel recommends they don't upgrade until further notice. Intel has a task team in place and is pursuing a resolution on this as a high priority.

I guess I will wait for now...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

androo87,

If i'm not mistaken the new firmware that was pulled does not apply to GEN1 SSD. You have a generation 1, right?