cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 8820 firmware now

SAdco
New Contributor II

Repost: Originally Created on: Oct 31, 2009 10:23 AM by lukas2 - Last Modified: Oct 31, 2009 10:28 AM by lukas2

<!-- [DocumentBodyStart:8e6b4cc4-42ae-4815-97cb-71b737a8d882] -->

I have just bought a new x18-m G1. It has the old 8610 firmware and I planned to upgrade to the new one. Anyway it is impossible now to get the iso file from Intel's website. Any ideas of where can I get this updte now?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there,

Yes I can see, the firmwares update files for the Intel SSD have been removed since the problem that occurred with the latest firmware that came out for the X25M SSD. I guess they are still working to find what could have caused the problems first.

I don't find any other way for you to download the firmware at this stage, rather that wait for more information from Intel.

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AStew4
New Contributor

I do have a Gen1 x-18m, yes. This review (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/04/20/review_update_storage_ssd_intel_x25_m/) appears to show the black (so Gen1?) Intel SSDs getting a boost from 8820.

Is that right? I am about to install my drive, and may risk the FW update on the clean drive rather than install Win7 several times.

AStew4
New Contributor

Or is it just the Gen2's that have problems on FW upgrade?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Androo87,

Okay. They merged the 8820 firmware into the update tool for the gen 2s. I tried updating my gen1 with the new firmware and it said that it was already at 8820. The problems that people are experiencing are with the gen 2s w/TRIM, etc. The GEN1s don't benefit from TRIM if i'm not mistaken.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a x18 gen 1 with 8820 firmware and the lockup issues are happening also on other OSs than Windows 7.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sonny,

How do you know yours is running the 8610 firmware? Is your x18 a DANE-ELEC one like mine and Wordsend's?

I managed to find an old update tool (I think it's for 8620 version), but it gave me an error saying it has Firmware 0956 (pre-production). I'm not sure if this is misreporting it or if it's really a pre-production drive.