cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of IastorV.sys after clean Windows 7 install

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Using a Dell Dimension E520 I must set the bios to the RAID/ACHI setting working towards a TRIM enabled SSD X25-M configuration. Windows 7 installs nicely, but after checking de driver page of the IDE/ATA adapter, it states the "IastorV.sys" driver from Intel (no TRIM). Clearly this drivers is configured by the Windows 7 installer as I have not installed any Matrix Raid drivers seperately.

How do I get the Microsoft ACHI driver instead of the Intel ones, in order to enable TRIM?

You be clear: I do not use any RAID configuration of any drive, it's just that the BIOS must be set to RAID/ACHI.

5 REPLIES 5

DZand
Contributor III

As long as you are not able to set the Intel SATA Controllers to a clean "AHCI Mode" within the BIOS, you will not be able to get the automatic Trim support by using the generic MS AHCI driver.

Nevertheless you should think about replacing the old Win7 in-box Intel RAID/AHCI driver named IASTORV.SYS by an actual version of the Intel MSM or RST driver named IASTOR.SYS. This will have no negative effect on the use of the Optimizer of Intels Toolbox.