cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify and eject Intel DC P3700 from multiple 400GB SSDs on Windows2012R2

HARAK1
New Contributor

I installed multiple DC P3700 in a server on Windows2012R2 . When I want to eject one safely , I need to detech it by operating from (eject ) task tray . But I found there are same names of P3700 .

How can I identify a slot number of P3700 from the task tray ? For example , is there any way to update the device name by using isdct in advance ?

24 REPLIES 24

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you identify the disk, port or slot number each drive is connected to by using the Disk Management tool, Device Manager, or the diskpart command line program?

Changing the name of the drives with the Windows Properties dialog box for each drive, should show those names in Disk Management. The Disk number shown in Disk Management and Device Manager will correspond with the Disk number shown in the diskpart list disk command.

The Details tab of the Device Manager Properties for each drive will show different data for each drive for the Details entries Location information, Physical Device Object name, UI number, and possibly other entries.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

HARAKI1,

Thanks for your patience, we would like to inform you that from our SSD tool perspective, there is no way to rename the drives, now we would like to know what type of SSD you have? - Is it the 2.5" or HHHL?Also, could you share the system specs as well?Are the disks connected to a backplane or direclty to the server?We have found the following article that may work for you, this is from the Microsoft* website, please click https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782852%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396# BKMK_Step1IdentifyFailedDisk hereParsec,Thank you for replying the forum as well.NC

HArak2
New Contributor

We are using 2.5inch NVMe conneted to PCI adapter with cable via backplane . Server is Lenovo x3650M5 . Though I have not yet tested Microsoft website article , it seems it does not work because the article is not for SSD or NVMe .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

HARAKI1,

Thanks for the information provided. We are working with our proper team, but it will be important to try the article we suggested and let us know if it worked for you.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

HARAKI1,

We would like to know if you were able to test the article we provided or if it did not work.We will be waiting for your response.NC