Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HARAK1
Beginner

How to identify and eject Intel DC P3700 from multiple 400GB SSDs on Windows2012R2

I installed multiple DC P3700 in a server on Windows2012R2 . When I want to eject one safely , I need to detech it by operating from (eject ) task tray . But I found there are same names of P3700 .

How can I identify a slot number of P3700 from the task tray ? For example , is there any way to update the device name by using isdct in advance ?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We are currently working on this sitaution you are dealing with and we would like to do some tests in our lab. We will let you know as soon as we can determine any possible way to identify the drives.
HARAK1
Beginner

Thank you . I still need you help because this issue is not yet solved .

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We are still working with the proper team in order to get updates on this, we hope we can provide an answer by next week.

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We have been researching this but there is not an option to re-name the SSDs. The only thing we have done is to change the labels from the OS, that way you know which one to eject from the task tray.

Let us know if this works for you.
HArak2
Beginner

>The only thing we have done is to change the labels from the OS

I am not sure if this helps because I can't understand the operation of this in detail . Would you let me know the detail how to do this ?

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

What you can try is opening "my computer" from explorer and right click the SSD so you can get the properties of the drive. Once in there, you could try to put a different name in the label under the general tab.

Let us know if that works for you.

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We would like to know if you were able to change the labels and if it worked.

We will be waiting for your response.
HARAK1
Beginner

Actually , it did not work . Any characters on the task tray are not changed .

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We would like to investigate and check if there is any other way you can change this. Please allow us to research and we will get back to you.

HARAK1
Beginner

I will wait . Microsoft says the name which indicated on task tray comes from something internally built in SSD. I expected I could change it by isdct tool . But it seems I cannot change it by isdct .

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

Thanks for replying back and checking with Microsoft*.

We will keep our research on this, hope we can have updates anytime soon. We will keep you updated.
idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

Thank you for your time. This is to keep you posted that we are still investigating. We will advise soon.
idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We would like to inform you that we are working on this situation and we hope to have an answer soon.

We will keep you posted.

NC

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We would like to let you know we have still not found a way to change the name on the SSD. We are trying to check if using our Intel® SSD Data Center Tool will work or if there is an alternate option.

We will keep you posted.

NC
idata
Community Manager

Can you identify the disk, port or slot number each drive is connected to by using the Disk Management tool, Device Manager, or the diskpart command line program?

Changing the name of the drives with the Windows Properties dialog box for each drive, should show those names in Disk Management. The Disk number shown in Disk Management and Device Manager will correspond with the Disk number shown in the diskpart list disk command.

The Details tab of the Device Manager Properties for each drive will show different data for each drive for the Details entries Location information, Physical Device Object name, UI number, and possibly other entries.

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

Thanks for your patience, we would like to inform you that from our SSD tool perspective, there is no way to rename the drives, now we would like to know what type of SSD you have? - Is it the 2.5" or HHHL?

Also, could you share the system specs as well?

Are the disks connected to a backplane or direclty to the server?

We have found the following article that may work for you, this is from the Microsoft* website, please click https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782852%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396# BKMK_Step1IdentifyFailedDisk here

Parsec,

Thank you for replying the forum as well.

NC
HArak2
Beginner

We are using 2.5inch NVMe conneted to PCI adapter with cable via backplane . Server is Lenovo x3650M5 . Though I have not yet tested Microsoft website article , it seems it does not work because the article is not for SSD or NVMe .

idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

Thanks for the information provided. We are working with our proper team, but it will be important to try the article we suggested and let us know if it worked for you.

NC
idata
Community Manager

HARAKI1,

We would like to know if you were able to test the article we provided or if it did not work.

We will be waiting for your response.

NC
HArak2
Beginner

It did not work .