cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mirror 2xIntel 910 PCIe Card

jjalu
New Contributor

Has anybody got 2x910 PCI card to a failsafe mirror? As for the Windows (2008R2) it shows 8x200gb drives.

One way is to get windows to see only 2x800GB drives and then mirror these two, but its not possible?

The other way is somehow to create RAID10 so the mirror is between cards but its not known which dirve is where.

Or is the only solution to create 4x200gb mirrored disks between two cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I am afraid it is not possible to create a RAID that spans multiple 910 cards.

You can create a single RAID 0 on each card so you have a single 800GB drive, but you cannot mirror it with the other 910.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please allow us more time to check on this.

I have two 910 cards. I would like to make one mirrored (RAID1) disk from it.

Eg If I have 2 "normal" sas/sata disks - you just create a mirror but each 910 card has 4 200gb discs - so you cannot create on 800gb mirrored disk from them.

So - is there a way to show the OS (windows 2008r2) one 800gb disk per card not 4x200gb disks to create 800gb mirror using two cards or somehow create RAID10 so if you remove/breake one card the data would be still there?

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I am afraid it is not possible to create a RAID that spans multiple 910 cards.

You can create a single RAID 0 on each card so you have a single 800GB drive, but you cannot mirror it with the other 910.

Well you CAN make four 200GB mirrored disk that spans multiple 910 - but yeah you are limited on max 200gb space instead of 800gb

Intel should think about it for the next PCI cards - option to show OS the full space in one disk - as RAID on card or something - how else can you create fault tolerance - otherwise its not usable in live database