cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mirror 2xIntel 910 PCIe Card

jjalu
New Contributor

Has anybody got 2x910 PCI card to a failsafe mirror? As for the Windows (2008R2) it shows 8x200gb drives.

One way is to get windows to see only 2x800GB drives and then mirror these two, but its not possible?

The other way is somehow to create RAID10 so the mirror is between cards but its not known which dirve is where.

Or is the only solution to create 4x200gb mirrored disks between two cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I am afraid it is not possible to create a RAID that spans multiple 910 cards.

You can create a single RAID 0 on each card so you have a single 800GB drive, but you cannot mirror it with the other 910.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ECorr3
New Contributor

I in the same situation. We purchased 2 SSD 910 PCI cards and wanted to use them in a single SQL server. The thought was to RAID them together as to eliminate a single PCI card failure. OS is Windows 2003R2 64bit. Have drivers installed and now see 8 x 186GB disks. I cannot find a way to mirror 4x186 drives from one card to the other 4x186GB drives. I can configure a RAID 5 on each of the cards (4x186) but I'll loose 1/4 of my space on each drive. So is my only option here to use "spanning" and just span each of the 4 sets of drives or even all 8 sets? Is there no way to guard against PCI card failure here? Was going to use this as the Transaction log and TempDB drive. Thank you.