Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

How to re-enable SSD optimizing with the intel SSD 750 series ?

HHans14
Beginner

After the v2004 update of Windows 10 I got the "an error (10/106)" message. Only at Intel SSD 750 Series. Got older intel 320 Series, one of them combined with the 750, the other with a regular HDD in another PC. The older 320 Series don't show the error.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, HHans14.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the error with the Optimizer feature, I will be glad to assist you.

I'm assuming you are using one of our tools since that was not specified, so please let me know if I'm wrong.

There have been some reports from other customers about errors with the Intel SSD Toolbox and Intel Memory and Storage Tool while using the SSD Optimizer feature, but there have also been customers confirming that they have no issues at all.

We are currently waiting for a new release the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, it will be released soon, and it will allow us to check if the issue persists.

I personally got the error once and it got fixed after restarting the system, but further troubleshooting is not being performed until the new version of the tool is released.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
HHans14
Beginner

Thanks for responding BrusC. Tools used: Intel SSD Toolbox v3.5.13. Used too: IMAS_Tool_1.0.6_x64.exe

Never a simultaneous install of both tools. Proper install, use, un-install & reboot for each. No error message ever apart from the reported one.

Last try I put: complete fresh install (removing all partitions from SSD) with the newest version of Windows 10 (v2004) then (again) intel SSD Toolbox v3.5.13. Error persisting still.

Awaiting the new version of both tools.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, HHans14.

Thank you for posting.

I will keep the ticket open while we wait for the new release and If I receive any updates, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @HHans14.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up just to let you know that we continue working on the new release of the Intel Memory and Storage Tool to address the issues reported after the OS update.

I will continue monitoring the release of the new Intel MAS and you may also check the downloads page for the new version, once it has been released and it goes online, I may also send you a private message if I happen to be available the day of the release.

We are currently recommending that, If the use of the Optimizer feature is urgent, you may try to perform a rollback to a previous OS version to try and run it, or wait a bit longer for the release of the new version.

Regarding the current community threads, we will proceed to close them for now, but they may also be reopened withing 14 days by replying to this message if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos