cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/O request timeouts on RHEL 7.5 with Intel P4500/P4510 NVME drives

WEvan3
New Contributor

Hello,

We are experiencing persistent I/O request timeouts on Linux with P4500/P4510 NVME drives.

The systems we are experiencing these request timeouts on are RHEL 7.5. The kernel version is 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64.

The P4500 drives are on firmware version DV10170.

The P4510 drives are on firmware version VDV10131.

Both systems have 15 drives; one has 10 P4500 drives and 5 P4510 drives, and the other has 15 P4510 drives.

This is the output of one of the drives; all drives are showing these errors:

nvme nvme14: I/O 487 QID 83 timeout, aborting

nvme nvme14: Abort status: 0x0

nvme nvme14: I/O 487 QID 83 timeout, reset controller

INFO: task dmcrypt_write:2573 blocked for more than 120 seconds.

"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

Attached is the output of ssu.sh on the system with 10 P4500 and 5 P4510 drives.

6 REPLIES 6

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello WEvan3, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support. In order to further assist you regarding your inquiry related to your Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series and your Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series. We will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • Based on the SSU logs you shared your motherboard is a 02MJ3T and we will like to know if it came included in a Dell Inc. PowerEdge R7425 system. • We advise you to open a ticket with your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in parallel to this case in order to discard any hardware limitation. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello WEvan3, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

WEvan3
New Contributor

Josh B.,

This system is a Dell Inc. PowerEdge R7425.

Thanks,

William E.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello WEvan3, Thank you for your reply. We will like to know if the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series and your Intel® SSD DC P4510 Series came included with your PowerEdge R7425. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation