cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I STILL CAN NOT FORMAT THIS INTEL SSD HD TRIED ALL 256GB Intel 540s Series SSD M.2 2280 NGFF SATA 6 80mm , SSDSCKKF256H6

JHeid1
New Contributor II

i have an INTEL SSD HD 256GB Intel 540s Series SSD M.2 2280 NGFF SATA 6 80mm , SSDSCKKF256H6. I tried to install a restore from my ASUS backtracker usb memory flash drive with Microsoft windows 8. I have an ASUS X550LNotebook. When I was trying to load it on the installed Intel on my notebook it started okay but then it crashed. From then on I could not do anything on it. I even bought the retail version of Windows 8, unactivated I still could not Install or format or erase it. The computer always not recognize it and when it shows up it shows 2 partitions, an empty section, a recovery section. I even went to 4 different professional computer services to have them formatted. They said it won't even show up on there professional computers. One was lucky to get it up but when they tried it said unable to format error. they tried to fix errors no luck it doesn't do it. It is like the ssd hd is locked up. The SSD was manufactured in China on Sep. 22 2016. It should still be on warranty but I have no receipts no box with serial number on it. I hope that somebody can help me with this expensive HD. THANKS FOR READING THIS, James

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello James,

We understand you're having a lot of issues with your new Intel SSD 540s Series.

Based on your description, it sounds a lot like you may have a defective SSD in your hands. Our best recommendation will be to replace this unit via your place of purchase if you're still within the initial 30 days of purchase. If not, you may contact your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html local support team directly.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

JHeid1
New Contributor II

A possible replacement could happen? An Intel service representative contacted me and asked me to submit informations from meand the SSD. So I will keep it posted here, what happens next. Thanks.

JHeid1
New Contributor II

Thanks to Carlos A. of the Intel Support Team who went above and beyond to help me resolve my problem!

Intel is number one because of employees like you.

Thanks to Intel!

James

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello James,

Thank you for your kind words. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

If you have any additional questions, or would like any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.