cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having trouble with my intel 660 2 TB m.2. I initially formatted it and if worked just fine, but in the past week or two I can't seem to find it anywhere but in bios. I have tried updating drivers and everything else that I could.

BGrif9
New Contributor II

imageimageimageimageI got this m.2 about a month ago and it has worked fine until recently. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive i have looked thorough disk management and it dose not seem to appear anywhere in windows but it dose seem to show up in bios.

9 REPLIES 9

n_scott_pearson
Contributor II

Did you by any chance, accidentally or on purpose, disable UEFI boot in BIOS Setup? I would check BIOS Setup to be sure; UEFI boot is a requirement for M.2 NVMe SSD support.

Hope this helps,

...S

So I figured it out but it's quite anticlimactic. It was a driver update. Now I tried this same update on atleast 5 separate occasions but it always said I had the most up to date driver. Now I do it and suddenly within 3 seconds I can view and acsess my m.2 like nothing was ever wrong with it.

AlHill
Contributor II

I am glad you have it working, but I am doubtful that this was the issue.

Doc

BGrif9
New Contributor II
I think the underlying issue might have been with the new windows update as the timeline seems to match. Regardless it's working for now.

Yet another driver screwed ​up during a Windows 10 upgrade? Why aren't I surprised...

...S