Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obrot
Beginner

I am looking for a Intel Application Accelerator RAID driver for win 7. to setup a RAID 0 with 2 SSDs.

I have a Asus P4p800 deluxe MB with an Intel 865 Chipset S-ATA RAID Controller. I set up the 2 SSDs as RAID 0 by pressing ctrl-I during booting. ASUS only offers a driver for WinXP, that will be installed during systemsetup from a floppy disc ^^ I tried that on USB when system setup routine couldn't find a Harddrive to install to and asked me for a driver. But it didn't work.

Bios says it's there.

Linux says it's there.

Win 7 says where the h.... is your Harddrive?

Me: What? .... Why? where do I get this driver?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows 7 is as dead as XP. If your motherboard does not support raid on Windows 7, there is a reason.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Intel no longer supplies drivers for chipsets this old. You need to look for them out on that Interweb thingee.

...S

n_scott_pearson

(Or fire up the wayback machine).

...S

obrot
Beginner

OMG he dares to install an old OS on an old machine, let's make some fun of him instead of trying to help, because this is what this forum is all about, right? Being a smartass doesn't help, and BTW a forum like this is part of that interweb thingee du bewusstseinskönig

n_scott_pearson

The wayback machine is a web site that you can use to access archives of old web pages. This is how Al has been finding some of the BIOS and release notes files.

...S

AlHill
Super User

"du bewusstseinskönig"? Insult or compliment?

Doc

n_scott_pearson

Translates to "you consciousness king". Must be slang. Don't care.

BTW, the answer to his original question is that he needs to add the storage drivers during the Windows 7 install. When he gets to the scene where you are selecting the drive/partition to install to, he needs to add the drivers (which he would put in the root folder of his Windows 7 install media). My archive is for RST, so only goes back to the ICH7. He needs 865 (ICH5R). I tried to find some by searching for Intel Desktop Board D865PERL but it was an EXE on a download server that I didn't trust.

...S

AlHill
Super User

Wayback1.jpg