cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I buy a SSD Intel 600p 256GB for my ASUS ROG GL552VX, but not recognized it.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello evangelys,

We understand you have recently purchased an Intel® SSD 600p Series to be used with your ASUS* laptop, but are unable to get the drive to be recognized.- Is the drive not recognized by the BIOS, or the OS?- If it's the OS that won't recognize it, which operating system and version are you trying to install?While we always like to help as much as possible, please keep in mind that hardware/SSD compatibility is the responsibility of your computer manufacturer. It is specially important to consult with your system manufacturer on laptop compatibility.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It´s not recognized by the BIOS, neither the OS. I have Windows 10 Home Edition 64bits.

The architecture of hardware is the same and fits perfect. M.2 2280

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

evangelys,

M.2 22x80 is the form factor only. This SSD model requires an M.2 NVMe* Gen 3.0 by 4 lanes.When it comes to NVMe* compatibility, things can get complicated sometimes, doubly so when it comes to open architecture laptops such as yours. The specifications on your laptop are not very clear, the user manual does not mention much on the M.2 port, and I was unable to find a hardware validation list.It's very important to check with your OEM for two main reasons.
  1. In some cases, the M.2 slot may need to be remapped for NVMe* drives. This is done through the UEFI, and your OEM would be the one who knows the specific steps, if necessary.
  2. Sometimes laptop OEMs validate only a limited number of SSD brands or models for their system.

I would like to confirm this for you, but unfortunately there isn't enough information available for us to be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello evangelys,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.Has the issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.Best regards,Carlos A.