Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

I currently work in a datacenter, and we're using several s4610 ssd's for production. These drives need their firmware updated. When I try to follow the instructions for the ssd update firmware tool, the bootable usb won't actually boot.

KGord4
Beginner

I'm using a drive dock for the ssd's and can see each individual drive using smartctl, but I'm unable to run the firmware update tool. Are there any enterprise level solutions for mass updating several ssd's at once?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ken.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

If the Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool is not working for you, the other option would be the Intel Data Center Tool, and this link is the user guide.

Intel FUT and Intel DCT are the only two options to perform the firmware update on Data Center drives.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ken.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

If the Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool is not working for you, the other option would be the Intel Data Center Tool, and this link is the user guide.

Intel FUT and Intel DCT are the only two options to perform the firmware update on Data Center drives.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ken.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you still need assistance.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to close the ticket.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos