Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

I have an Intel JBOd - the model is JBOD2224S2. I am trying to determine whether this unit can be used with larger SAS drives.

CJohn33
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you for contacting us about this concern. I noticed you are looking for a component that support a large SAS drivers for an Intel® Storage System JBOD2224S2DP. By any chance, are you looking for a SAS Expander? Due to the fact that there is a comparable SAS Expander for the unit and the model is the following: "36-port SAS Expander RESCV360JBD". Please let me know if this is the information that you are looking for in order to double check the information. If not, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to verify those details and provide you the most accurate information ASAP. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
CJohn33
Beginner

Actually, I want to put larger drives into my existing system, not add more drives. Documentation I've seen indicated teh 1.2TB HGST drive is the largest we can use on this device. Has the firmware been updated to accommodate larger drives?

As an alternative, I am intrigued by your mention of RESCV360JBD. What would be the part number of the additional JBOD? Would it be another JBOD2224S2DP?

0 Kudos
CJohn33
Beginner

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you for the information provided. I would like to inform you that the capacity and limitation of the size for the hard drivers is hard coded. This means that a firmware update will not update the maximum size of the HDD for the JBOD. However, I was checking the comparable SDDs for this unit and I found the following: Intel® SSD DC S3510 Series (1.6TB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 16nm, MLC) Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series (1.6TB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 3D1, MLC) Intel® SSD DC S3610 Series (1.6TB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 20nm, MLC) So, as you can see the maximum size supported will be 1.6TB. When I mentioned the model RESCV360JBD, I was referring to a 36-port SAS Expander component comparable with your JBOD. Nevertheless, there is a next version of a JBOD which it is "Intel® Storage System JBOD2312S3SP"; but the limitation of the size will be the same, the maximum size supported will be 1.6TB. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, I would like to know if you have any other question in order to assist you with? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Due to the fact that I have not seen any activity on this thread, I am going to proceed and close it. Please if you have any other question, do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos