cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to find a cable for a DC P3600 SSD.

AStal
New Contributor

I have a customer who bought one of these drives OEM from Newegg and it didn't come with a cable.

7 REPLIES 7

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello astalcup,

The http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-dc-p3600-spec... Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series do not ship a cable. These drives are NVMe SSD's and require a compatible PCIe* Gen3 X4 connector. They are manufactured in 2 form factors:

- 2.5-inch Form Factor

15mm Z-height

Requires 8639-compatible connector

- AIC Form Factor (Add-in Card)

Half-height, Half-length

Requires Single slot x4 connector

Please let us know the Form Factor of the drive you bought, also the brand and model of the computer (motherboard) you plan to connect the drive to.

fbayi
New Contributor II

i have similar problem.. i got asus z10pe-d16 mainboard .. and ordered asus hyper kit ... i just bought dc p3700 pci-e / nvm-e SSD "2.5 form factor" but nor mainboard nor SSD nor hyper kit has sff-8639 connector..intel 750 series comes with 8639 cable.. first why did u stop adding cable newer products..

second i havent found this specific item on ebay / amazon / newegg and other online markets ..

like i just said before i ordered asus hyper kit for m.2 .. now i just need 8639 connector .. i live in TR .. please help me..

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello eczanet,

The Intel® Solid-State Drive P3700 Series 2.5 inch is aimed at Enterprise systems that have a backplane with SFF-8639 connector. It does not include cables to connect to SFF-8643 (Mini SAS HD).

The only model that includes the SFF-8939 to SFF-8643 cable is the Intel® SSD 750 Series.

At this time, this cable is meant to be used only with the Intel® SSD 750 Series and is not available separately.

fbayi
New Contributor II

hi jonathan

you said "The Intel® Solid-State Drive P3700 Series 2.5 inch is aimed at Enterprise systems that have a backplane with SFF-8639 connector" it is not completely true.. many of enterprise system have SAS hot plug with 12GB /s bandwith.. normally SFF-8639 (U.2) connection gives 32Gb/s bandwith.. may be very few of them has REAL 8639 interface.. im not the only one searchin this cable on internet ..why intel ignore people..do u think an extra cable on the box prevents anything.. or the products would be less valueable with cables..or more ordinary... End-Users like us compare your products its performance , reliability and compability ..adding cables does not give your products less prestigous state..

why not available with only ssd 750 series or not available.. is there any disadvantage of that.... i understand i can use with sata express or sff 8643 to sff 8482 but their bandwith not at maximum like 32Gb/s(sff-8639)..

even i have pci-e SAS/Raid card..these cards doesnt come with sff-8639..

i think intel should give cable and docs with their s3500 / p3500 /p3700 drives.. mrsp of 2tb p3700 over 6000 usd .. how much cost add a cable in the box to intel..

Sorry for bad english , i am not native speaker..

thanks