cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to find a cable for a DC P3600 SSD.

AStal
New Contributor

I have a customer who bought one of these drives OEM from Newegg and it didn't come with a cable.

7 REPLIES 7

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello eczanet,

We appreciate the confidence in our products and we are working to get a solution for you and other customers facing this situation. This is a situation that was not expected, since the PCIe SFF-8639 to SFF-8643 adapter was recently released by 3rd party manufacturers and the cable was not originally planned to be used with the Data Center SSD series.

We understand your concern and we will let you know any new information about this matter as soon as it is available.

JPitt5
New Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Is there any new information on this? I am in the same situation as many people are with this enterprise SSD. I see that in June 2015 you speculated new information would be available.

Kind regards,

James

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

This request is still under consideration, however, the cable is not available separately from Intel at this time. Currently, we are not able to confirm if this will change in the future.

The U.2 interface is meant to be used with the Intel® SSD 750 Series (consumer SSD's). Even though it may be possible to find 3rd party cables on the market, these are not tested/validated as a supported configuration for Intel NVMe* Data Center SSD's.

Please check this new document that specifies what ships with the different models of Intel® PCIe NVMe drives:

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-035797.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drive — What Ships with Intel® SSD DC P3xxx Series and Intel® SSD 750 Series