cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL 545s Firmware Update?

Mirev
New Contributor

Hello!

I'm using 256GB 2,5" 545s SSD as external drive with ORICO 2139U3-PRO-CR (USB 3.0 -> SATA) enclosure. I read that Intel SSD Toolbox can't communicate with SSD in this way, so i can't manage my SSD. Is it a problem if i leave SSD without updating Firmware? I'll not use my SSD often anyway.

Thank You in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello Mirev, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 545s Series, if we infer correctly we will like to share the following recommendations and information: • The usage of a USB enclosure with our SSDs is not recommended, supported or validated by Intel® and you may experience unknown issues. • It is always recommended to have the latest version of the firmware installed on your SSD. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello Mirev, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 545s Series, if we infer correctly we will like to share the following recommendations and information: • The usage of a USB enclosure with our SSDs is not recommended, supported or validated by Intel® and you may experience unknown issues. • It is always recommended to have the latest version of the firmware installed on your SSD. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation