cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL 600P 1TB Temperature AT 70 Degree

iyeun
New Contributor

pc drop nvme partition when large data is transferring...

when idle just 39

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi lung510,

We are aware of your situation regarding the temperature of your Intel® SSD 600p Series. In order to better understand your problem, please provide the following information: -Could you please let us know what do you mean with the pc drops the NVMe partition? -Could you please let us know the Firmware version of the SSD? -What is the operating system you are using? - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create and save a report with all sections, then add your reply to this thread and use the Advanced editor options to attach the resulting file to your post.-Make sure that where the SSD is connected has the proper airflow. -Could you please let us know if there are other components like video cards close to the M.2 port that the SSD is connected? -Coul you please let us know the workload that this SSD has? We look forward to hearing back from you. Regards, Junior M.

iyeun
New Contributor

Hi Junior M.

My server is running on a vsphere esxi 6.5 ,there are 2 VMs (A&B) with virtual 10 Gigabit and server 2012 r2 installed each.

Nvme partition drop 8 out of 10 when i was copying large data (around 5GB-10GB) from VM A to VM B or vice versa,

which means the Nvme drive just disappeared.

It just fine after the server is rebooted.

I have one 4 ports intel network card and nvidia g210 installed on pci-e.

i think the workload is mentioned as what intel say.

Read ~1xxxMB/s read and 400MB/s write during the data copying.

i dont know the firmware version,i never upgrade since i bought it last month.

However, i can provide some information on the packing:

Version:J25474-101

Mfg date:07MAR2017

Thankyou.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi lung510,

Please keep in mind that the Intel® SSD 600p Series is a consumer drive. For server environment, we recommend our data center models, such as the http://ark.intel.com/compare/94926,96928,96932 Intel® SSD DC P4501 Series. It seems that the SSD may be having a Thermo Throttling situation, this is a safeguard feature to prevent damage to the drive, to avoid this we recommend you to install the SSD in a well-ventilated case. Regards, Junior M.