cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL 750 NVME PCI-E 1.2TB When the computer sleep(no hibernate, it is off), the driver is missing.

仲殷
New Contributor

My INTEL 750 NVME PCI-E 1.2TB use the 1007 version driver, it is installed as the system booting disk. When the computer sleep(no hibernate, it is off), the driver is missing.

Only after rescan the hardware,the hard disk was be found again.

I was get many times red screen aftet the computer go to sleep and must reboot the system by reset button. I do not know the reason.

Then yesterday I began a test, install a new windows 7 system at a SATA HDD and the INTEL 750 NVME PCI-E 1.2TB SSD be the second disk. Then I find the driver is missing after resume from sleep. Only after rescan the hardware,the hard disk was be found again.

8 REPLIES 8

仲殷
New Contributor

I close intel speedstep and same as this option to avoid the powermanager to close the disk not properly. In windows system I close the PCI-E LPM option.

仲殷
New Contributor

I found even at windows 10 , use the driver of microsoft instead of the intel's driver, the system still go to freezen after resume from sleep.

I guess:

1. The 750's firmware has some bug.

2. The windows sleep mode has some bug with nvme.

3. The x99 bios has some bug with nvme.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Please try the following actions:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Download Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, then use the tool to update the SSD firmware to the most recent version.

- Review the document: http://download.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/nvme_boot_guide_332098001us.pdf Booting from an NVMe* PCIe* Intel SSD. There are many configuration examples for different motherboards, choose the closest match and make sure that your system is configured properly.

仲殷
New Contributor

Dear

Yesterday I update the driver to 1.5.0.1002, and found this issue is still appear. I install the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox 3.3.6, but the firmware is 8EV10174, I already update to this version.

I also try to update the mainboard firmware, but the 1302 version is the lastest I could use, the newest version 2209 or 3201 ... is lead my computer to crash or blackscreen. These newest version is for the Broadwell-EP CPU or Broadwell-E CPU, not for my CPU.

So, the only thing I could do is turn on the Away mode in Win7. At least the system would not frozen after a long time idle status.

Does Intel could do any things for me?