cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTEL, Where is our G1 TRIM support? Please answer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel,

Will you be providing G1 TRIM support in a future firmware upgrade for your early SSD adopters? Please give a yes or no answer.

Thank you,

Robert

Austin TX

38 REPLIES 38

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

How do you know G1 drives can do TRIM as easily as G2 drives? There could be a valid reason why it can't be done. I haven't looked into that situation, but I'm willing to give Intel the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

All you have to do, is to read up on what TRIM is, i suggest taking a trip over to Anandtech... Let me put it this way, there is no way in hell Intel Gen. 1 have ANY limits in hardware that prevent them from passing an ATA command TRIM to properly delete a file and purge LBA, it's absolutely impossible. If you have even the tinyest insight into SSD tech, there is no doubt, no maybee, no if's or but's, that they can do this just as easy as any other drives. All it takes is a firmware to implement it, period.... This is a fact about the same as the Earth is round, and is undisputable... If you lack the knoweledge, find it, if you can't be bothered, find someone who have it you trust, he/her will tell you the same thing.

The fact that Intel has stated that they won't give TRIM to Gen. 1 should have given you a clue a long time ago...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My question was and is How do you know G1 drives can do TRIM as easily as G2 drives? Obviously you cannot use the same firmware update, so there is more to it, perhaps more to it than your technically advanced mind knows.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

And I told you that if you had any idea what TRIM actually is and does, the answer would be pretty obvious.. I also told you to acuire the knoweledge what TRIM is and where to find it. What I wrote is facts, period. Those who don't believe me, lack the knoweledge.. You don't need a "technically advanced mind" to understand this, only the ability to read...

Enjoy the read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It fascinates me when people insist they no more than Intell. Intel has categorically stated that they will not be making trim available for gen 1 users. Not only that i believe they are not manufactoring g1s anymone. Now as for how easy it is to do this and that. If you read the reviews, the G1s WITHOUT TRIM perform on par or better than then G2. Now, of course of over time and i mean a long time, the G1s may/will slowly lose performance. But i gurantee 100% that you can't explain how is is that a G1 without trim has equal or better performance than the g2 with TRIM. BTW, I still have a gen1 in my apple and the thing still is performing admirable. And if you need a link i will more than willing to share, but since you researched this you should no this. Face the fact we(gen1s users) helped make a better product in the G2. Now may be if your tone was initally nice and suggested that Intel think about a trade-in program for previous gen1s, just may be it would peak their interest.

You don't cause churn by blasting them in their forum. That's not smart.