cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

MSmit17
New Contributor

lol of course we do.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok, I have the IRST Windows GUI working fine on a Z77 board. I'm not exactly sure what did the trick, besides reading the Readme file displayed during the driver installation, and going back to make sure I was set up correctly.

The OS support is limited for this version, and consists of:

Microsoft Windows 7*

Microsoft Windows 7* x64-bit Edition**

Microsoft Windows 8*

Microsoft Windows 8* x64-bit Edition**

Microsoft Windows Server* 2008

Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 x64-bit Edition**

Microsoft Windows Media Center* Edition

Yes, that is all, check the Readme if you like. That list of OS support is also in the Release notes. Then again, the list of supported processors seems strange, so who knows. The list of supported SATA RAID controllers is short, and the supported list of supported AHCI controllers goes back to ICH7R.

Then the "Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility" must be installed, which is the .inf files, and a few others mixed in there. That is really a given for anyone using an Intel chipset board, so nothing special. If you haven't updated it in a while, that might be the problem.

The Release notes mentions the .Net Framework versions needed, that I listed earlier, which is not stated in the Readme.

I may narrow down what I have wrong on my other Z77 board PC, when I get around to doing it... May I say that newer is not always better, since IMO IRST 10.8.0.1003 on my P67 chipset board is very fast, and I don't yet know if this new version is "better".

Antonio, when you say it detects all HDDs as RAID, do you mean as SCSI devices (which may be displayed in Windows as RAID in your native language I'm guessing)? Otherwise, I don't understand what you mean.

MSmit17
New Contributor

No, it has not happened to me Parsec, application won't run and that's all.

It has happened other users though:

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a Z68 board and have been running v11.2.0.1006 but in hopes of fixing /message/167268# 167268 this problem I tried to update to v11.6.0.1030 and discovered it causes the system to hang at the "Starting Windows" screen at the post-install reboot. The only fix to this that I have found is to revert to the most recent restore point that predates the v11.6.0.1030 installation. I too think that this update is not yet ready for prime-time distribution.

System is 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise with an Intel Core i7 2600K (all stock settings) on a MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 motherboard (MS-7672) with v17.5 BIOS and 16Gb of dual-channel DDR3 memory.

HDD is a WD Caviar Black WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN 2TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

New Orom released.

11.6.0.1624 over at Tweaktown Gigabyte forums, also confirmed to fit RST Enterprise !

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-57.html TweakTown Forums