cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

And another from station drivers :

OROM 11.6.0.1702

scroll down page http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4058&start=45 www.station-drivers.com • Afficher le sujet - new official Intel RST 11.6.0.1030-whql-September 17,2012

still unsure if this will fit RSTe, looks like a wait until Intel release a proper x79 version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the same issue on my Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 mobo with the latest BIOS. I sent the following to Gigabyte:

I had to reinstall windows, and since I couldn't find the original CD for the motherboard, went to your website to download the drivers for the chipset, etc. I downloaded and installed the Intel RST version 11.6 you provided. After I had set up my SSD to be a cache disk, I rebooted, and it worked fine for a little. Then, after a few more reboots, Windows refused to start up, and just hung at the 'Starting Windows' screen. I did a little research and it seems like other people are having similar issue with the Z68 chipset and RST 11.6. After my third reinstall of Windows, I have now reverted back to version 10.6 of Intel RST and everything is working.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Erik, you should be able to use earlier IRST 11 versions, like 11.0 or 11.2. They are listed for Intel's own Z68 boards. But, Gigabyte may still be on the version 10 OROM on your board. Also, 11.6 and 11.7 are used with Windows 8, which may be a factor. I've used 11.6 and 11.7 on a Z77 board, Win 7, and they are fine besides the GUI issue, but my boards have a version 11 OROM. I don't use SRT.

FWIW, I went back to IRST 10.8.0.1003 on my P67 board, it's faster on that board than IRST 11. Try 10.8 if you can find it. Just because there are new versions does not mean they are better in every aspect. Check the issue list in the IRST 11.x Release Notes, there are several SRT issues.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks parsec. I am running the 10.6.x OROM on my motherboard, even with the latest BIOS update. I was not sure if that was something that I could update, but my guess is no.

It has been working for 2 days now, so I will stick with RST 10.6.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

The reason for stopping the service IRST 11.6.0.1030 in my case has been HDD, connected to an additional controller Marvell SATA 6G 91xx (MB GA-Z77X-D3H, 2 gray ports), operating in the AHCI mode. When disconnecting the HDD or change the Marvell controller mode to RAID IRST service works! This is an obvious bug IRST, hopefully Intel will fix it in the next version.