cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST can detect hard disk but device manager cannot?

JPerh
New Contributor

So because I had to completely reformat my laptop due to a malware that wouldn't stop installing all kinds of software into my laptop, I had to rebuild my laptop driver set again.

Just a question, when I restarted my laptop while it was infected by the malware, while it booted up, it was saying there was no operating system anymore for the hard disk. So I went and created a RAID0 (stripes) disk that had a size of approx. 120 gb. I was able to reinstall most of my old drivers into this RAID however I want to know how I can access my larger 700gb hard disk. I'll add in screen shots because I cannot explain it well.

!

From these two, it is clear that the disk I am using is only limited to the RAID I created, not my entire 700gb volume.

But from IRST, both my hard disk and SSD are detected but are not part of the SATA_Array_0000. Everytime I try to increase the size of the RAID (volume 1), it just keeps saying "An unknown error has occurred while an operation was in progress". I might try finding a way to include the hard disk and SDD into the SATA_Array group as I wait for your instructions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Jazz_Perh,

Can you privide the model of the hard drives you have?

From the pictures provided, we can see you are trying to create a RAID 0 with drives of different sizes. The ideal setup would be to use same size drives preferably of the same brand.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Jazz_Perh,

Can you privide the model of the hard drives you have?

From the pictures provided, we can see you are trying to create a RAID 0 with drives of different sizes. The ideal setup would be to use same size drives preferably of the same brand.

JPerh
New Contributor

For the hard disk

For the SSD

Is there anyway to just remove the RAID and use the hard drives directly? Or would I have to make a new RAID from just the hard disk alone?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Jazz_Perh,

Unfortunately, none of these drives are Intel's. For further questions, doubts and proper support, please contact the respective manufacturers.

However, if you need support for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, we recommend that you post on this forum:

JPerh
New Contributor

Thanks, all I had to do was delete the RAID and reformat the hard drive normally.