cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM and RTS question

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, got a question that I am having a really hard time finding.

I do get a lot of returns on RTS and TRIM, but nothing on this question.

So for a while I have been really used to IMS (Intel Matrix Storage). Now that RTS has downloads out for what is replacing IMS my question is this.

Do I uninstall IMS Reboot

and

Install RTS = Thats it?

Also the latest version I have is

9.5.7.1002 ..........Anything newer?

I wouldnt keep both since they both do the same thing right?

Specs

Rampage II Extreme (Intel Chipset)

2 Intell SSD's G2 80GB

2 HDD RAID 0

Thanks for all the expert help!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DZand
Contributor III

joconnor3881 schrieb:

Do I uninstall IMS Reboot

and

Install RTS = Thats it?

Also the latest version I have is

9.5.7.1002 ..........Anything newer?

I wouldnt keep both since they both do the same thing right?

Here are my answers:

1. You can install the IRST package without any problems. The IMSM software will be uninstalled automaticly.

2. The latest IRST version is 9.5.7.1002.

3. It is impossibe to run both IRST and IMSM simultaneously, because I are doing the same job (but another way).

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

DZand
Contributor III

ambizytl schrieb:

Well, unless you can confirm there is a difference, then the only conclusion I can draw from your result and mine is there is no advantage using manual TRIM.

This is a useless discussion. You cannot use the comparison of our AS SSD benchmark results done with different systems as certification, that there is no advantage using manual TRIM. I am quite sure, that the differences between our benchmark results have nothing to do with TRIM.

Please remember, what I have written regarding this point:

"The use of the Optimizer (= part of Intel's SSD Toolbox) has the same or maybe even better effect than the automatic Trim command support by the generic MS IDE/AHCI drivers."

Regards

Fernando

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I know what you wrote, and that is why I replied as I did.

You are the one quoting someone you refer to as an "expert." The only expert I know of on SSD here in the USA who reviews SSDs is Anand--and he publishes test results to state his findings.

If you can't prove what you say, then of what value is it to others? Speculation, you are creating an atmosphere of mere speculation that means nothing to me.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So is it just better to break my RAID0 and restore with acronis?

Make my 2 SSD's as non raid-disk

Run toolbox each week?

This way I can use Intel drivers and still keep my backup drives (HDD) in RAID0

DZand
Contributor III

@ joconnor3881:

1. You will only be able to run the Intel Toolbox from within an Operating System.

2. It is not necessary to clean the SSD once a week, unless you have it within a Server.

3. There is an alternative way to clean the SSD from time to time by using the tool HDDErase v3.3. For details you may look http://www.iishacks.com/index.php/2009/06/30/how-to-secure-erase-reset-an-intel-solid-state-drive-ss... >here<</a> and http://www.markc.me.uk/MarkC/Blog/Entries/2009/8/13_Erasing_an_SSD.html >here<</a>.

Regards

Fernando

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fernando,

The first picture below is an AS SSD result posted by you about a week ago, and the next picture is my result with AS SSD. Thus, I don't understand your comment of getting better AS SSD results running TRIM manually.

Fernando's result:

ambizytl's result: