cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing OS on 600p (SSDPEKKW128G7X1) - I/O error

MMerl2
New Contributor

I'm trying to install the OS (ubuntu-gnome-16.04.2 64 bit) in a new SSD Intel SSDPEKKW128G7X1, placed in M.2-1 slot.

Sistem is composed by a MoBo Asus Prime B250M-Plus and a CPU i3-6100 with 4 gb ram.

I've set from BIOS Compatibility Support Module:

Boot from storage devices: UEFI driver first

Boot from PCI-E expansion devices: UEFI driver first

Boot device control: UEFI and Legacy OPROM

Starting from an USB key, the installation routine starts regularly, the SSD is formatted with the EFI partition, the ext4 partition for root etc...

When system tells: Files copy nearly completed

I get: Err no.5 - I/O error

and the process stops.

I've tried with different USB keys and different Linux distro, but the result is ever the same. So, I think the problem is in SSD or in his configuration.

Can you help me to understand something more?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

ISimo1
New Contributor

I have made 9 pcs with asus b250m-csm and 256gb intel 600p with windows 10. They are running the latest 609 mb firmware and the latest intel toolbox firmware. Cpus are a mix if I7s, i5s and i3s all gen7. Every single pc crashed to a bsod. I put the same 600p m.2 into a h170m and it works prefect. I put a regular ssd into the b250m and it works fine. I put the m.2 into both m.2 slots and it still crashed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Isimokov,

Thanks for your response on this case.Our team is currently working on this situation, based on other threads, we expect to have answers about this situation anytime soon, we'll surely share them.Regards,Nestor C

ISimo1
New Contributor

The exact error is: Unexpected Store Exception

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Isimokov,

Are you only using Windows® 10 with the SSD?This post is for Linux issues, if you only have problems with Windows® 10, please let us know.Regards,Nestor C