cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing OS on 600p (SSDPEKKW128G7X1) - I/O error

MMerl2
New Contributor

I'm trying to install the OS (ubuntu-gnome-16.04.2 64 bit) in a new SSD Intel SSDPEKKW128G7X1, placed in M.2-1 slot.

Sistem is composed by a MoBo Asus Prime B250M-Plus and a CPU i3-6100 with 4 gb ram.

I've set from BIOS Compatibility Support Module:

Boot from storage devices: UEFI driver first

Boot from PCI-E expansion devices: UEFI driver first

Boot device control: UEFI and Legacy OPROM

Starting from an USB key, the installation routine starts regularly, the SSD is formatted with the EFI partition, the ext4 partition for root etc...

When system tells: Files copy nearly completed

I get: Err no.5 - I/O error

and the process stops.

I've tried with different USB keys and different Linux distro, but the result is ever the same. So, I think the problem is in SSD or in his configuration.

Can you help me to understand something more?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Antenore,

We would like to let you know that this model has not yet been validated for Linux* distributions.

The 600p Series is an NVMe* drive that was designed to work with the inbox drivers provided in modern Windows* versions. We do not provide a standalone driver, nor a Linux* driver. It's possible that the issues you're experiencing may be caused by a driver issue.

Please review the following /thread/109962 community thread related to this situation you are facing.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Antenore,

We would like to know if you require further assistance or if you found the response you needed.Regards,Nestor C

GMill7
New Contributor

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Geoffrey.Mills,

Thanks for your input and the link, we will be taking a look at it.Regards,Nestor C