cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 240GB SSD not recognized in Loop L5 w/ DH61AG

MMatt15
New Contributor

Recently upgraded several customer's Loop L5 AIO from an Intel 60GB SSD to a 240GB (SSDSC2BW240A401). Systems were running fine before the upgrade. After the upgrade the systems booted to the new drives fine (imaged from the 60GB SSD, Windows 7 x64). However; if the users shutdowns the PC or the PC restarts (Windows Updates) the SSD is not recognized and they get the error message "No Bootable Device Found". If you unplug power from the MB, wait 10-15 seconds and reconnect power, it will boot fine. One of my co-workers also said if you bring up the Boot Menu, it will then see the SSD and allow you to choose it and boot up fine.

The DH61AG had BIOS version 40, I upgrade it to 99 then to 109, per instructions, but it did not help the problem.

I have seen several other post w/ similar issues, it is like there is a lag in the SSD "spinning up" if you will, that the PCs don't see them as an available boot device.

8 REPLIES 8

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Ruppro,

We have some recommendations when the SSD is not recognized. We also recommend that you do a back-up of all relevant information before any procedure to avoid permanent data loss.

• Make sure both the SATA data cable and SATA port are clean and dirt free.
  • Check SATA power cable to see if it has no damage and is properly connected.
  • Change the SATA port where SSD is connected.
  • Check for firmware updates on the SSD.
  • Check if BIOS is updated and also check if settings are properly set, especially the SATA mode setting.
  • If you have another system available, check the SSD in that system to see if you are getting the same results.

*Note: SSD's connected via a USB-SATA adapter or enclosure will not be visible in the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox so have it connect via SATA directly.

Please, check the link below for further assistance if the issue still persists after you have done all the steps above.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/cs-032319.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — When to Run a Low-Level Format on an Intel® Solid-State Drive?

Below are the links to our tools to check if the SSD is also running the latest firmware and to perform a low-level format.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18363&lang=eng&ProdId=3765 Intel® SATA Solid-State Drive Firmware Update Tool

These are the tools to perform a low-level format.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18455&lang=eng&ProdId=3765 Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23931 Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Tool

If the issue still persists after you have done all the steps above, please contact your nearest Intel Contact Center for other options.

MMatt15
New Contributor

Aleki

I have already done most of what you suggested (have not done a low-level format). The drive/system does work fine, on a cold, first time power applied boot. It is only on a warm or power-on boot w/o any interruption of power to the system. We are seeing this in the Intel Loop L5 AIO w/ DH61AG motherboard when we built the systems in 2012 w/ 60 or 120 GB SSD they worked fine (and still do today) however several of our customers have been wanting to upgrade to a larger SSD and that is where the issue is now appearing.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Ruppro,

Let us know the outcome after you have done the low-level format procedure. Try to freshly install the OS instead of cloning it.

I can take the exact same drive but use a Gigabyte H81TN MB (LG AIO Chassis) and it boots fine every time, so there is not a problem w/ the Drive itself or the image, so I don't see where a low level format or a fresh load of windows would make a difference. The issue is w/ the combination of the drive and the DH61AG MB (and possibly the Loop L5 Chassis also) those 3 items are the common thread for the multiple system we have w/ the issue.