cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 2500 Pro bad write performance

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello team,

I have recently install in my Supermicro Server a Intel 2500 Pro 240Gb SSD, and i realized that my SSD is writing with 20MB/s .

Installing the Intel Toolbox and Rapid Storage Technologie Enterpryse didn´t bring me any further.

i made all firmware updates (SSD/Bios)

My motherboard is a X9DDR-7LN4F with Intel C600+/C200+ chipset running in RAID mode.

Is there anythig else that i should install/update/configure?

Thanks in advace, for your help.

best regadrs,

Victor.

2 REPLIES 2

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Victor_Bogoi,

Could you please tell us what your hardware architecture is? Try a toolbox export in order to see if SATA is negotiating as SATA 3.

If possible, try using AHCI mode and check the RAID configuration for the controller. There seem to be a new version available for CrystalDiskMark* we were wondering if you could be kind enough and try the new version. Here is the link: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 3 X SATA 1TB disk in raid 5 (operating system is on this Array), the motherboard have 4 - SATA2 port and 2 -SATA3 port.

SSD is installed on SATA 3 port.

Writing speed at the beginning was 70MB/s, after toolbox instalation and a SSD Optimize, speed dropped to 20MB/s.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Victor Bogoi.