cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 320 80GB SSD 8MB Bug

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there,

I got an Intel 320 and copied my system with Acronis Disk Director on it, reboot and Windows 8 booted fine. After Login (30 seconds) the System crashed and displayed "critical_process_died".

On a reboot there is no data to boot on disk.

So I switched to the BIOS, the SSD is displayed with BAD_CTX 0x ....

I booted Linux and searched for information, i found this link, wrote it to CD and tried...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center

It just displays that the update of the drive does not success and I may try to disable password, enable SMART or switch to IDE legacy mode. The third one is the only one on my (latest version) BIOS which is possible.

So I switched to SATA "IDE Mode" and retried, with no success. The same message displayed as on the first try.

So I switched to Intel Support and selected my product ... which results in "Keine Ergebnisse gefunden für Solid-State-Laufwerke und Caching + Intel® Hochleistungs-Solid-State-Laufwerk + Intel® 320er-Solid-State-Laufwerke (80 GB, 2,5"/6,35 cm, 3-Gbit/s-SATA, 25-nm-Technik, MLC)" ... means no result found.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=DEU&ProductFamily=Solid-State-Laufwerke+und+C... Download-Center

Where do I find the latest firmware for my device which enables it again?

Thanks

Ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

It is good to know you already contacted your local Intel support team. In this scenario the solution is to replace the drive as it is beyond repair through a firmware update.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

2 Mails later I got a response from the support how may I send a package via dhl with my SSD-Drive.

Great!

Best regards

Ruben

AVass1
New Contributor

Had the same issue - "Enable SMART" when attempting to apply new firmware (via SSD toolbox and with CD).

What worked is that in SSD Toolbox (you need a working Windows machine for that) I first erased the drive. After that Firmware update went without a glitch.

What I read this error anyway did not allow data recovery, so this is not a concern.