Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Intel 330 120GB No Longer Detected After Cloning

This is another drive that I have besides newer Intel 535. I decided to use it in another laptop that has currently Windows 7 on it. Using external USB 2.0/SATA adapter I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 while they allow it for free and before upgading I cloned current data from HDD on laptop to Intel 330 to make sure if Windows 10 upgrade gets screwed, I still have SSD with data to prevent downtime. After upgrade went successfully I decided that I should clone HDD again and this time it will be final so I can start using Windows 10 on SSD. I left cloning process on and went to sleep and after getting back I saw the process completed successfully but drive letter was not there and Intel SSD Toolbox and CrystalDiskInfo did only see HDD. I pulled out HDD from laptop's motherboard SATA internal slot and plugged SSD to increase chances of successful detection. Tried booting Intel Migration boot CD-ROM and it did not detect SSD.

I am out of ideas. How do I proceed from here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

TechnicGeek,

Before we go any further is there a chance you can try this drive in a different computer and see if the same thing happens?

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Tried connecting USB/SATA adapter to another laptop and nothing happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

TechnicGeek,

In this particular case that you tried the SSD in a different computer and still the SSD is not detected. Our recommendation is to contact your nearest Intel Contact Center in order to explore other options of support. For your convenience, here is the link to it: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Intel Contact Center once you are on this support page, select the option that says Intel® Solid State Drive (SSD) and choose the one of the means of support available there.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

TechnicGeek,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you had any chance to contact your nearest Intel Contact Center for additional support. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do via communities to help you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos