cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 335 SSD Firmware update fails (Mac OS)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all. Hope someone can help me.

I would like to update the SSD firmware from 335S to 335T. I downloaded the firmware updater from here : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center And burned it to a blank CD as per the instructions provided. I'm using a Mac Mini so there is no internal CD drive, so I'm using the external Apple Superdrive.

I could successfully boot the CD but after some blurb, I get a black screen and the following dialogue (photo attached) pressing keys doesn't have

any effect and I'm not able to proceed further. It basically just hangs. I think I waited around ten mins to see if anything would happen, then rebooted back into Mac OS. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks very much in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Given the screenshot, the update may have completed successfully. That is just the DOS command line prompt that commonly appears after a firmware update.

Reboot in your OS, and check the firmware version on your 335.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Parsec, thanks very much for taking the time to help me. Unfortunately, no dice. Firmware revision stayed at 335S. Hmm.....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I successfully updated the firmware today. The trick was to just leave it (I thought the system was hanging) for around 10 mins. Eventually could get to the firmware update screen and it was plain sailing from there.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm having a similar problem to upgrade my SSD 335 series 240GB. I burned the cd following every instruction provided by the intel's PDF which I downloaded along with de ISO file from the support area of this website. I tried both CD and DVD.

I shut down with the disk made with "Disk Utility" inside the superdrive, wait for the 10 seconds.

When I start holding the key "C" the superdrive activates(by the sound it makes) and the screen goes from grey to black, then an error message appears on the top says:

"No bootable device found - insert a bootable disk and press any key".

After that I can't do anything but to hold the power button and wait to restart.

PS: I don't use windows. Only mountain lion is installed. Could this be the problem?

Do I need a windows partition to upgrade my ssd's firmware from 335S to 335T???

Thanks in advance