cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 335 SSD Firmware update fails (Mac OS)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all. Hope someone can help me.

I would like to update the SSD firmware from 335S to 335T. I downloaded the firmware updater from here : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center And burned it to a blank CD as per the instructions provided. I'm using a Mac Mini so there is no internal CD drive, so I'm using the external Apple Superdrive.

I could successfully boot the CD but after some blurb, I get a black screen and the following dialogue (photo attached) pressing keys doesn't have

any effect and I'm not able to proceed further. It basically just hangs. I think I waited around ten mins to see if anything would happen, then rebooted back into Mac OS. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Thanks very much in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Multivac,

No, you do not need a Windows* partition to update the firmware on your SSD.

What model is your Macintosh?

Do you have any other bootable CD's/DVD's you could try?

Thanks.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ken,

I have only a bootable USB flash drive made with third part software in order to reinstall mountain lion on my new ssd. It is useful to launch disk utility, but I don't see how to use this tool to update the ssd firmware.

Sorry! I forgot to mention! I'm using mbp 15 mid 2012.

Thank you so much for your attention

Hi Multivac,

Let's make sure the process of burning the .ISO image went smoothly. If you boot your system normally and then look at the contents of the CD or DVD do you see the ISSDFUT.EXE file?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ken,

Yes, the burning process is OK. Disk Utility shows me the "task successfully completed" message and I can see the ISSDFUT.EXE file.

I was wondering. Do I have to format and do this process with the ssd empty or while I'm using with my files upgrades just fine?

Thanks again for your time