cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 510 240gb/HP 2560p - Powers off + Non-System Disk Error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I work for a large organization and our COO has had a new laptop fitted with an Intel 510 SSD as a special case. The machine had been working for over a month after it was first issued but has since had problems we now believe is related to the SSD.

The machine will power off randomly, reboot and display that the drive is not found. After a few more power cycles the drive re-appears and the notebook boots with no issues. This then started occurring every couple of days.

• SSD Firmware has been updated to the latest version (when laptop was initially configured)
  • HP Toolbox is installed, TRIM is enabled (when laptop was initially configured)
  • The latest motherboard BIOS version is installed
  • No stop error dump file is created

Our initial assumption was that there is an issue with the motherboard so we've had this replaced though HP warranty. This worked find for around a month but the problem has re-occurred.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause this issue?

Thanks,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would like to take back the last part of my previous message...

Intel provided an amazing service, concerning the warranty. I contacted them by phone. I got an e-mail right after, DHL took my old SSD, after 4 days I received the new one...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.......Intel Rules....