cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 510s 250gb RAID 0 - Very low performance

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, 1st post here. I just bought a couple of these drives and picked them over Vertex 3 due to reliability. However I'm running a RAID 0 and getting rather low performance in every benchmark I've tested:

Crystalmark for example:

Seq read: 545, write: 453

512k read: 322, write: 416

4k read: 15, write: 30

4kQD32 read: 159, write: 100

Get very similar results in AS SSD

System:

This is a brand new M18x Laptop

i7 2920xm

8 GB Ram 1866

Windows 7 64

I did a fresh install, disabled the defrag and indexing

My stripe is 465GB and the Raid is configured with 128KB Blocks.

I did install the Intel Rapid Storage Driver

Any ideas?

Thank you.

28 REPLIES 28

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is general and not tied to a drive.

You can also read through the German thread. (Link in my first post)

Here is preceded by the behavior of C300 in SATA III mode. This also works with the Marvell controller. Here are large differences in performance between "LPM" off and on.

It is about the Intel SATA controller on the board.

I like just above forms for "Port 0" "LPM disabled". This port depends on my "Intel 510 250GB SSD".

I hope I understood your question correctly.

In short, yes even for 510 series.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok so under regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\iaStor\Parame

ters

I created 2 new keys (one for each of my drives:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\iaStor\Parame

ters\Port0\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\iaStor\Parameters\Port1\

Not sure exactly how to complete this step: (do i have to add a string? Dword? key? to each of my ports (0 and 1)

4. Now add the following registry keys under the registry location mentioned in step3, if they are not available (These registry keys are not available by default, they can be added by using utomated scripts, .reg files, executable utilities, etc). If you find the below registry keys already available, you can modify the values for desired support. Values are modified on a port by port basis so modify all ports that you wish the changes to be supported on. **

"LPM"=dword: 00000001 {dword: 00000000->Disable; dword: 00000001->Enable} [default = Enabled]

"LPMSTATE"=dword: 00000000 {dword: 00000000->Partial; dword: 00000001->Slumber} [default = Disabled] (Note: the driver ignores this key when the LPM key'svalue is not set to 1. So when LPM value is 0, this value is N/A.)

"LPMDSTATE"=dword: 00000001 {dword: 00000000->Partial; dword: 00000001->Slumber} [default = Enabled]

"DIPM"=dword: 00000001 {dword: 00000000->Disable; dword: 00000001->Enable} [default = Enabled]

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

These three values must be set from 1 to 0. (to deactivate the respective system ports)

For me only Port0.

1.LPM

2.LPMDSTATE3.DIPM4.LPMSTATE not change!

If you do not have these values, then use http://www.derbench.de/images/lmp-reg-files.zip this link.

Included are activation and deactivation of RegFile "LPM".Look at the RegFile previously with the editor.

For more information and other causes:

http://e1337.ws/daten/port_und_lpm_vergleich.pdf See here a comparison of PDF. At the end you'll find the 510 series.

In every picture you see the current status. (top right in each image)

"3 or 6 Gb / s" ------ "Hotlpug on or off" / --------" LPM on or off "

1 = on

Other problems can also "intel speedstep" and "C-states" to be your processor. This has also great influence on the "4K performance.

This is better then Google in your language!With me is "intel speedstep" and "C-states" are also disabled.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the help, at the risk of making a mistake, do you have a screen shot of your (or any other) registry that has these fixes so I can be sure of the structure and how it looks?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III