cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 120gb - not seen by BIOS in AHCI mode

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I've bought Intel 520 120gb. I have ProBok 6465b and it stuck at first screen with HP logo when it is in notebook, in the place of primary HDD. When first boot to DVD with win 7, i can't install it due to information about lack of disk's controller in BIOS. In IDE mode everythin is ok. I can even install system but when try to chenge registry and re-boot, and change to AHCI on next re-boot it also stuck at first screen with HP logo.

Do I have to wait for new BIOS? Or can it be resolved in other way?

4 REPLIES 4

DShar11
New Contributor II

Do you have a raid option in the bios?

You can run in raid mode without being in an array. Any single drive in raid but not part of an array will default to achi mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

only IDE and AHCI

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The HP Pro laptops are a nightmare, most have somthing called "HP Driveguard" which is probably what is causing the issue you are having. I doubt there is a way around it and there is a fair chance when you put the original hdd back in, it will not boot due to this 'feature'. If this is the case then the only way to get the machine working again is to send back to HP.

Sorry

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No, it isn't problem with DriveGuard, I think. I can install system on 520 in IDE mode, and with HDD everything is okej, but only in AHCI mode ssd make my notebook stuck at hp start logo.