cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 240GB random freezes

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have configured my PC (A Dell Latitude D6420) per all of the recommendations I could find, but I am still having random freezes that seem to be HDD related (HDD light is almost completely solid). This has all started since I put my new 520 SSD into the system. I have used older models of Intel SSD drives in other laptops, and I have been generally very happy. This one... not so much. Any thoughts on what I might try? The system sometimes "comes back to life" after a few minutes, other times I have to hard-reboot it (after waiting 15-20 minutes with the system completely unresponsive).

Ron

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Basically has determined that the "only use the dell provided SSD can achieve SATA6Gb transfer rate, other non-dell provided SSD is default to work in SATA2 mode. Unless you use dell provided SSD otherwise the your SSD can't work in SATA6Gb transfer rate and work good. "shameless! Despicable!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same issue with an Intel 520 120 GB SSD running 400i firmware. This is in a Lenovo W520 ThinkPad laptop. I have no SMART errors, but once or twice per week the HD light comes on solid and I can't do anything with the system. I have to hard reboot it. This is especially bad if I am logged in remotely over the weekend.