cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 Problems

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, just purchased a new 520 240gb ssd. Loaded windows fresh on it. Loaded newest RST(10.8.0.1003) and intel toolbox(3.0.2). Under SMART details it shows C0 and AE values at 26. Every time I shut down my computer the count goes up by one. This is not supposed to happen because I am shutting down windows correctly. How can I correct this issue? All of my drivers are the newest version and I have flashed my motherboard bios to the newest version.

Specs:

Intel 980xGigabyte x58a-ud7 bios f8intel 520 240gb connected to the ich10r controller, not the marvell. AHCI enabled in the bios.Nvidia GTX 480
11 REPLIES 11

DShar11
New Contributor II

Parsec, I did much the same when I got my two 520's. Played with them before installing OS. I did one secure erase on both to setup install.

My counts are off by 1 also, like it did not count the SE. Werid.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks DRules, nice to confirm what I saw with my 520. I'm not worried about it

IMO, the question remains, do we really understand what this data means and how it is created? Does the SF2281 controller's base firmware create this data (most likely) and do the users of the controllers (SSD manufactures) have control of that data?

I find myself once again at what I call the knowledge climb. I've reached the limit of my knowledge and before me is a mountain of learning that I need to conquer before I can get the answers. Most of the time, the answers are not as important as what I learn finding the answers.