cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 force flash from Lenovo firmware to 400i

SBrad4
New Contributor

I wasn't sure that the thread got bumped when I replied to it (judging by the first page of the forum) but my question is here:

Basically what it says in my post on that page (C&P'ed):

Hate to kick up a dead post but I'm here because this is the only post I could find on google regarding this.

I just purchased another Intel 520 SSD, a 240GB which I got off ebay. The SSD was described as coming out of a Lenovo laptop and I am now placing this into my desktop PC (RIVE, 3960X, G.SKill 2400 CL9) with the other two 520 SSDs I have, a 480GB and 120GB.

It would appear that this drive has the firmware version LE1i on it, which performs erroneously on the desktop platform under both Intel RST and the RIVEs own Asmedia 106x SATA 3 controllers/ports, incurring the problems of old such as suddenly disappearing and reappearing at random (rarely so far but happened a few times over the weekend). Obviously I need this drive to be using the 400i firmware to get it stable. I have tried downloading the toolbox again and the FUT but they both say it is already up to date. What I need is to be able to manually select and flash the firmware I need, 400i. I have contacted Lenovo who say this is an Intel matter and I have also lodged a ticket with Intel support today (haven't heard back yet) but I am posting here anyway because I get the impression I'm not going to receive the desired answer.

I can't return the product based on this problem, so I imagine the only solution would be for Intel to provide a tool that can do this flashing and the standalone firmware to flash it with, or update the parameters of the Toolbox installer to recognize that this SSD is no longer in the laptop system. I wanted to stay faithful to Intel as these SSDs are really good, hoping that I can get the desired outcome. If necessary I am willing to send it in to Intel at my own expense to have it flashed by you guys.

1 REPLY 1

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello SMB92,

The response for your inquiry was posted in the related thread: