cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 performance drop with old data

NMuch1
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently ran HD Tach on my 520 60 GB ssd, as I have issues regarding performance with a ssd from another manufacturer.

Here is the result:

The microcode is up to date, 400i, intel ssd optimisation done before the test, system is optimised (system tuner).

The ssd is my system drive and the windows installation is about 1 year old, and it has about 10GB of free space.

Now I don't think this is the result I should be expecting from the ssd as it is advertised with 550 MB/s Sequential Read and 475 MB/s Sequential Write. Now I suspect that the "middle and end part" is probably more recent data and the rest is my windows installation. I could be wrong of course.

Any explanation/reaction ?

Regards, and hopefully there is a fix.

7 REPLIES 7

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello HalloMal,

Please check your private messages.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello HalloMal,

Thank you for your time and patience. We would like to inform you the following: It is normal for there to be increased latency on cells that have not been accessed recently. These cells may require multiple retries to reliably read the data. Housekeeping routines in the firmware will be triggered if a cell requires excessive retries of the read operation. Please let us know if there is anything else at all we can assist you with.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello HalloMal,

Just to let you know that this issue has been escalated to our engineers and as soon as we have a answer we will contact you.