cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 240GB Full Diagnostic Scan failure

KRupp
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently ran a full diagnostic scan of my Intel 530 240GB SSD the other day and saw that it failed at 9% during the Read Scan portion of the test while showing this message: "Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance."

Since then, I have updated to the latest version of Intel SSD Toolbox (v3.4.7) and ran the test again with the same result. I have owned my drive for three years now and use it in my home desktop. After looking around at some of the other posts regarding SSDs, it was a common theme for an attachment of the SMART details provided by the Intel SSD Toolbox.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

KR

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bitbingo,

Thanks for updating Intel® SSD Toolbox. In order to further investigate the issue, we would like some additional information:1. Intel® SSD Toolbox log. This log is created using the "Export" button in the "Homepage" of Intel® SSD Toolbox.2. Intel® SSD Toolbox runtime log file. This should be found here: C:\intel\logs\intelSSDTDK.log3. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility report. Download this tool, once it scans your system it will allow you to save the report.Please attach these three files to your next reply. To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.Best regards,Eugenio F.

Bbing1
New Contributor

Hi~Eugenio F.

Thank you for replying, I have already gotten the three files, as the attachments. Hope to give you some information to solve the problem.

Thank you~

Best regards,

Bitbingo.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bitbingo,

Thanks for sharing the requested files.

We noticed the firmware on your Intel® SSD 530 Series is LAFi, meaning this is a drive manufactured by Intel for a different company, most likely Lenovo*. Please confirm with your system manufacturer if there are firmware updates available for your SSD as this might help.

Intel® SSD Optimizer is a manual way to run TRIM on our SSDs. Please make sure your system has the requirements to run https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006462/memory-and-storage.html TRIM:

• Disable scheduled defragmentation.

1. Go to This PC/My PC.
  2. Right click on your Intel® SSD and select Properties.
  3. Move to the Tools tab and select Optimize.
  4. Click on Change Settings and uncheck the box for "Run on shecdule (recommended). Please notice that if you leave this option checked, Windows* will run TRIM by itself, which might be a good alternative if you keep having issues with Intel® SSD Optimizer.

• Disable Superfetch:

1. Press the Windows Key + R and type services.msc, then press Enter.
  2. Now on the Services window, scroll down until you find Superfetch.
  3. Double click on Superfetch and change the startup type to "Disable".

• Enable Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service*:

1. Still on the Services windows, scroll down to find Volume Shadow Copy.
  2. Double click on it and change the startup type to "Automatic".
  3. Click Start to begin the service.

I hope this information will be useful for you. Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi karupp,

We're wondering if you had the chance to go through the recommendations indicated in our previous post and if they were helpful.Best regards,Eugenio F.

KRupp
New Contributor

Eugenio,

Thank you for taking the time to follow up. Between the holiday season and other events I have not yet tried a fresh install of the OS on the Intel SSD.

Additionally, the copy of Windows that I have is an OEM version. Wiping the drive clean for a fresh install would require the purchase of another license key that I do not have at this time.

KR