cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 240GB Full Diagnostic Scan failure

KRupp
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently ran a full diagnostic scan of my Intel 530 240GB SSD the other day and saw that it failed at 9% during the Read Scan portion of the test while showing this message: "Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance."

Since then, I have updated to the latest version of Intel SSD Toolbox (v3.4.7) and ran the test again with the same result. I have owned my drive for three years now and use it in my home desktop. After looking around at some of the other posts regarding SSDs, it was a common theme for an attachment of the SMART details provided by the Intel SSD Toolbox.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

KR

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello karupp,

You're welcome! We understand that you don't want to lose your current Windows* 10 OEM license.As an alternative, please run the chkdsk /f on your SSD from an elevated command prompt window. You can find more details and information on how to use this command here:- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730714(v=ws.11).aspx ChkdskNote: Intel supplies these links as a courtesy to our customers and does not endorse these tools or links over any other options. The customer assumes full responsibility for proper use of these tools.Please restart the system after the chkdsk /f finishes and let us know if the program finds and corrects any errors. Run the Full Diagnostics again from Intel® SSD Toolbox.Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi karupp,

We haven't heard from you in a while.Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.Best regards,Eugenio F.

GEuge
New Contributor

Same here. See attached files. I have 2 intel 530 120GB ssd, one of them is dead after 18 months, used on diferent configurations of desktop. Should I not by intel in the future? I have 60 months warranty but for what use if it"s dead after 18 months?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello eugen6000,

Thanks for your reply. We noticed you've already posted in reporting the same issue, please check the answer provided there and your private messages as well.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.