cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD 120GB seriously low write speed on sata 3 port

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have purchased a intel 530 SSD 120GB few days back I have plugged it on sata 3 port on my board (Asus P8H67-M). I have gone through the various queries on this forum and cross checked from intel ssd toolbox for the code of sata 3 its showing "3" itself.

I benchmark the ssd with AS SSD Benchmark tool and Crystal Benchmark tool and found that the sequential read is about 450 mbps but the sequential write is less than 100 mbps, however, before purchasing I found on various websites that this SSD is having Read/Write 540/480 mbps. If this is the actual scene I am very upset with intel SSD's as I also read few discussions in the same forum that people are actually not getting the said speed, then there is no sense in investing with intel's ssd.

I also gave it a try with IO meter as mentioned in one of the discussion for intel 730 ssd but Its so complicating tool I didn't understand a thing but sharing whatever is there.

I am attaching some of screen shots for reference and looking forward to get a solution soon.

Thanks

Robin Verma

5 REPLIES 5

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello RobinVerma,

We are sorry to know that you are not satisfied with some aspects of the SSD functionality. The information provided so far shows that the drive is operating within the technical specifications.

If you consider that the SSD is not meeting your expectations, please contact the place of purchase so they can provide further support options.