cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD S.M.A.R.T issue

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have strange issue with my brand new 2.5" Intel 530 SSD 120GB. Every time I start it, in SMART Self-test log appears new test with status:

"Offline - Interrupted (host reset) - Remaining 10%".

If I run the test manually it completes with no errors. And that's really every time. Also SMART info says:

General SMART Values:

Offline data collection status: (0x05) Offline data collection activitwas aborted by an interrupting command from host.

Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled.

I updated the SSD firmware to latest DC32. Device Model is: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4. Also tested on different machines and still not found a solution.

Does somebody else has this problem and is there any fix for it?

22 REPLIES 22

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

This is still under investigation. I will update the thread when new information becomes available.

Thank you for your patience.

I have intel 1500 (sandforce) pro ssd in my firewire 800 to Sata 6G enclosure, this ssd came from my lenovo laptop . and it is getting hot 48C in idle , I found out the smart self test never completed , and if I run the test manually it says completed without error, and this ssd temperature go back to 35C. what is this problem !?

I have a intel 530 in my usb 3.0 UASP drive enclosure , it does the some thing, only it does not get hot at all, under 30C idle.

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi all,

The "interrupted" entries you are seeing in the S.M.A.R.T. log do not indicate a problem with the drive. Each time the drive is reset, the drive firmware starts an automated self-test. This self-test is designed to run to completion, or until the system needs to access drive. If the system needs to access the drive while the test is running, the test is interrupted and an entry is placed into the log.

You can expect to see these entries when your system boots (ex. after a shutdown from the OS) or when

your system comes out of the sleep state. You should not see these entries on a Restart from the OS.

The 530 is the only Intel SSD model that currently implements this type of self-test.

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hi ken-intel,

thanks for the provided information. Is this an experimental implementation of this self-test in 530 Series or it will be implemented in the future in all new drives?

Hi vGuides,

I don't have visibility into the firmware implementation plans.

It hasn't appeared on drives that have been released after the 530 so it doesn't appear to be part of our future plans.