cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD S.M.A.R.T issue

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have strange issue with my brand new 2.5" Intel 530 SSD 120GB. Every time I start it, in SMART Self-test log appears new test with status:

"Offline - Interrupted (host reset) - Remaining 10%".

If I run the test manually it completes with no errors. And that's really every time. Also SMART info says:

General SMART Values:

Offline data collection status: (0x05) Offline data collection activitwas aborted by an interrupting command from host.

Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled.

I updated the SSD firmware to latest DC32. Device Model is: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4. Also tested on different machines and still not found a solution.

Does somebody else has this problem and is there any fix for it?

22 REPLIES 22

MRahn
New Contributor II

Hi ken-intel,

do you have some information if there will be firmware update for 530 series fixing it or it will be this way? Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

Hi vGuides,

I have not heard of any plans to change this behavior. It's not really viewed as a problem since it's operating as designed. It just needs to be communicated to the user community that a test that is "interrupted" does not mean that the test "failed".

Hopefully this thread will help other users who question this behavior. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

DEigh
New Contributor

Keep in mind that will all the issues the 530 SSD has, or has had, this automated self-test, may be nothing more than a workaround to some bug in the drive/firmware design.

It would be nice to know _why_ the Intel 530 SSD does this automated self-test at boot or, more interestingly, coming out of sleep. It this latter behavior that makes me think that the self-test is a band-aid fix for some other problem.